Monday, March 9, 2009

I love you Marvel



I love you because you're bringing over Spiderman, the Japanese live action tokusatsu. When my buddy King Ranger over at Tokuraws sent me the link, I quite literally shat bricks. I mean... I never EVER thought I'd see the day when I'd see a legit subbed version of the Spiderman toku. This toku is usually what my friends and I lol about when we talk about infamous Toku.

I can't tell you how excited I am about this. Although, be warned -- this version of Spiderman is completely independant of Marvel's comic book adaptation. Our Japanese Spidey's name is Takuya Yamashiro, like many older henshin heroes, he rides a motorcylce, he's given the power to henshin (transform) and also controls the awesome spaceship Marveller that tranforms into a giant robot named Leopardon in order to fight against the Iron Cross Army. This show is very much in the vein of old school Kamen Rider, so be warned -- lots of cheesy poses and explosions.

You can catch the original Japanese Spiderman subtitled every Thursday at the official Marvel website.

No comments:

Post a Comment